Search The Web From Here

Custom Search

Tuesday 3 March 2009

It won't happen to me..... yeah, right!

Went to visit my Grand-aunt (sister of my late Grandpa) today, with my mom, my son and Paulina, mom's maid. I fondly call my Grand-aunt Nenek. Nenek had a stroke last Tuesday which left her unable to stand, unable to walk. She looked so frail. But at least she can still talk, even though not clearly, we can understand. She is 87 years old.

2 weeks ago, my husband's sister who is 40, had a mild form of stroke. She felt numb in the face and her hands swollen. The numbness had subsided, for now. She's taking extra precautions now and is on medications.

My husband's uncle is now battling advanced stage lung cancer. He is in his 60s.

A few years ago, my aunt's husband died from a cardiac failure. He was walking along the street when it happened so suddenly. He collapsed, and was gone before reaching the hospital. He was only in his early 40s.

My cousin who is very slender and petite discovered two years ago, after a company medical examination, that she has high cholesterol.

What I'm trying to say is that we cannot take things for granted, thinking like, "Oh, it won't happen to me...." It doesn't matter what's your age or what's your body size. I know that sooner or later, some kind of disease would 'attack' my body.

Better be taking good care of our bodies, exercise more, drink more water and eat healthy...




No comments: